This is the year of the longboard and the summer of longboard events. NYC is saturated with extremely fast skaters, the driving force behind this incredible stoke. yesterday was the 1st annual “Mini Bomb”. The race was a shorter and more technical version of the notorious “Broadway Bomb” that happens every October. The Mini Bomb was hosted by local NYC skate crew, “The Concrete Kings”. Solomon Lang, Rob Rodrigues and Andrew Mason of the “Kings” planned the race, contacted sponsors and organized 70+ competitors for the competition. The race was started at the interTsection of 116th and Broadway. All skaters packed onto Broadway, wheels behind the pedestrian walkway of 116th st. READY, SET, GO!
BROADWAY BOMB 2010 – SATURDAY OCTOBER 16
As always, the Mini Bomb was a collision course at the beginning, wheels tangled and riders were tossed everywhere. The starting few blocks of all the NYC Outlaw races are tough because the road is not wide enough for mass skaters. I call the start the” Meat Grinder” Lots of skin and blood of shed. My strategy is to hold foot brake ready as I push and weave through the carnage. Often disasterous but it is fun to watch the tangles. WEAR A HELMET!!! The race was awesome and there will be many more race details and official results on the Bustin Blog soon.
Clickity Clak the link above for details on the Philly Race and remember to SIGN UP ON THEIR WEBSITE!!
***ATTN: NYC/PHILLY!!! Warriors Race is Friday 7/23 @ 7pm, NOT Saturday
The Warriors Race will kick off FRIDAY NIGHT, July 23. Friday Night 7/23 is the OFFICIAL START. This may affect some teams that planned for Saturday so plan accordingly. Also be sure to book your train tickets/RSVP a ride in someones car to the Philly Race (Sun 7/25). Shoekill on the Schuylkill River is a super fun experience, I suggest you join us in Phily 7/25! The Warriors race is happening Friday 7/23 instead of Saturday to benefit both Philly and NYC. FINAL WORD > Both races kick ass, do both!!!!!
Hey, all you longboard thugs! Rat Rod NYC is calling you out to play. CAN YOU DIG IT? Will you push to the challenge? Can YOU skate 26 miles? Have you ever completed a marathon? Do you have what it takes? WE DO. JOIN US!
The Warriors are a tough outfit but wise enough to know there are some FAST crews in NYC. This turf is tough and the streets are hard. NYC is a mad house at night. Crumbled pavement, crackheads, danger, danger, danger. WEAR A HELMET! . Watch your back and skate safe. Will YOU COME OUT TO PLAY? resister your team now and NOTE THE DATE CHANGE. FRIDAY JULY 23 2010, 7P.
1 TRAIN TO VAN CORTLAND PARK, BRONX
MEET 6-6:30p (outside 1 train)
START 7:00p (BRING $20 ENTRY FEE TO START, YOU WILL NEED IT FOR CHECKPOINTS)
3 person teams MUST RSVP a 3 name roster to e-mail below. Team name will be assigned. (requests are cool).
****RSVP: email@example.com SUBJECT: WARRIORS RACE
RSVP’D Teams: ****OPEN REGISTRATION!!!! details above
1. The Turnball AC’s – Manny Jimenez, Michael Moody, Rob Rodrigues
2. The Riffs – Solomon Lang, Cory Wilder, Adam Crigler
3. The Warriors – Theseus XW, Evan Armbrister, Mike Dallas
4. The Rogues – Gray Madder, Nelson Oliver, Kiefer Dixon
5. The Hurricanes – Paulie Connor, Nate Cohen, Steven Sanchez
6. The Orphans – William Coale, Jeff Vyain, Hannah Berner (BIKE)
7. The Lizzies – MEET @UNION SQUARE, 7PM- Annah Rowe, Jenica Davenport, Micku Murgolo, Maribeth McHugh, Natalie Major, Anja Monn (+ open lady invite)
8. The Baseball Furies – Ed Martin, Raphael Ross, Dejaune Jones
9. The Easy Aces – Andrei, Will, Rich
10. The Saracens – Darien Dawes, Matt Micchelli, Jude Buenaseda
11. The Colt 45’s – Rommel Dinchong, Raymond Robinson, Ben Dashevsky
12. Brooklyn Killers – Ben Edz, Alex Price, Travis Bass
13. The Gladiators – Jim Soladay, Mark Schaperow, Kaspar Henrici
14. The Van Cortland Rangers – The Gian D’Angelo Boys
15. The Electric Eliminators – Angel Martinez, Antonio Martinez, Steve Ortiz
16. The Boyle Ave Runners – Soy One, Trevante Lanier, Jose velez